TaylorMade Golf – Scheffler captures THE PLAYERS with Stealth 2 Plus driver, and returns to the World Nº1 rank
March 13, 2023 – Scottie Scheffler held strong through tough Sunday conditions at TPC Sawgrassto capture his sixth career win in the last 392 days at THE PLAYERS Championship 2023.
Scheffler is just the third player in the last 40 years to record first and sixth career PGA Tour wins within 400 days of each other (recorded first career win 392 days ago at 2022 Waste Management Phoenix Open). He joins Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods as the only players in history to hold Masters and PLAYERS titles simultaneously.
As a result, Scheffler has returned to the World No.1 ranking by converting the 54-hole lead for the third time in his career via a Sunday 69, highlighted by leading the field in Driving Distance with his Stealth 2 Plus 8.0° driver in the final round, with an average of 308-yards.
For the tournament, with rounds of 68-69-65-69, Scheffler led in Driving Distance (305.9-yards), Greens in Regulation (75%), Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (17.7), Strokes Gained: Total (16.9) and was 2nd in Strokes Gained: Off the Tee (5.5). Through each of the first three rounds, Scheffler had gained more than 4 strokes on the field tee-to-green becoming the first player to do so in the ShotLink system era.
The American made five birdies in a row in the final round, starting on the 8th hole, led by strength off the tee with tee shots of:
- 322-yards on 9 – Stealth 2 Plus driver
- 291-yards on 10 – Stealth 2 3-wood
- 310-yards on 11 – Stealth 2 Plus Driver
- 304-yards on 12 – Stealth 2 3-wood
This win at THE PLAYERS marks the second consecutive PGA Tour win for Stealth 2 driver and sixth across major professional men’s and women’s tours in 2023. Also, is the Scheffler’s second win with Stealth 2 Plus driver in 2023 and sixth overall with a TaylorMade driver (four with Stealth Plus).
What was in the Scottie Scheffler’s golf bag at THE PLAYERS?
- Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus (8.0º, Fujikura Ventus Black 7X)
- Fairway wood: TaylorMade Stealth 2 3 (15,0º, Fujikura Ventus Black 8X)
- Irons: Srixon ZU85 (3-4, Nippon N.S, Pro Modus 3 Hybrid Prototype 10 X (3)); TaylorMade P7TW (5-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100, True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100)
- Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM8 (50º/12ºF, 56º/14ºF, True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400); Titleist Voket Design WedgeWorks Proto (60º/06ºK, True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400)
- Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet
- Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Timeless Tourtype GSS prototype
- Ball: Titleist Pro V1