Golf & Technology
Toptracer – Nº1 range technology provider launches Toptracer30, with new insights-driven game mode
July 1, 2022 – Industry leading range technology provider, Toptracer, has launch a brand-new game mode: Toptracer30.
The exciting new game mode puts players in 30 realistic virtual on-course scenarios, and measures how successfully the player navigates them – providing a mountain of data in just 30 shots. Each shot provides data which accumulates to a total score designed to offer an accurate and objective snapshot assessment of the player’s current performance level.
The new game mode has been designed as a bridge between the range and the golf course, simulating on-course pressure for players as they are tasked with a series of different situations. Toptracer30 consists of nine tee shots and 21 approach shots, with each shot evaluated depending on a number of variables – ranging from distance and accuracy when driving, to hole proximity and greens hit when approaching.
During gameplay, players are additionally provided with a series of ‘Insights’. As each is observed, evaluated, and analysed, players are given real-time feedback into the strengths and weaknesses of their performance during that play-through of Toptracer30.
Finally, upon completion of the Toptracer30 game, each shot is assessed and attributed to a ‘Performance Handicap’ – an estimated handicap that reflects the player’s performance across the entire 30 shots.
Ben Sharpe, Toptracer President, commented on the new development: “Toptracer30 is yet another impressive innovation in our range technology. This new game mode provides players with brilliant insights into their performance, and it offers the player with an opportunity to health check their game in just 30 shots.
“We can’t wait to see how players, and indeed coaches, use this new game mode to further their game and make all-important improvements,” he added.
Toptracer, an innovative technology from Topgolf Entertainment Group, is the most-used and most-trusted advanced ball-tracing technology. The first of its kind to be introduced to the game of golf, Toptracer has revolutionised the way viewers experience the game at select Topgolf venues, driving ranges and while watching major golf tournaments. Today, Toptracer technology powers over 550 Toptracer Range driving ranges in 31 countries.
In Spain, the Toptracer is already at the driving ranges of:
- PGA Catalunya (Girona)
- Golf La Roca (Barcelona)
- Club de Golf Sant Cugat (Barcelona)
- Infinitum Golf (Tarragona)
- Club de Golf Alcanada (Puerto de Alcudia, Mallorca)
- Real Golf Club de San Sebastian (Guipuzkoa)
- Laukariz Country Club (Bizkaia)
- Deva Golf Pitch & Putt (Gijon, Asturias)
- Club de Golf Colmenar Viejo (Madrid)
- Centro Nacional de Golf (Madrid)
- Federación de Golf de Madrid (Madrid)
- Club de Golf Olivar de la Hinojosa (Madrid)
- Golf Negralejo (Madrid)
- La Valmuza Golf (Salamanca)
- Las Colinas Golf & Country Club (Alicante)
- Calanova Golf Club (La Cala de Mijas, Malaga)
- Miraflores Golf Academy (Mijas, Malaga)
- Real Club de Guadalmina (San Pedro de Alcántara, Málaga)
- Magna Golf Marbella (Marbella, Malaga)
- Real Club de Golf Las Brisas (Marbella, Malaga)
- San Roque Golf Club (San Roque, Cadiz)