Cleveland Golf – Go faster with the new Launcher HB Turbo woods
September 13, 2019 – Cleveland Golf has announced the Launcher HB Turbo Driver and Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Woods, that will hit the golf shops in Continental Europe on October 15, 2019.
“Reintroducing Cleveland Golf Woods and Irons two years ago proved very successful”, said Lionel Caron, President Continental Europe. “However, the new Launcher HB Turbo woods represent a huge step up from the previous generation. They’re sleeker, faster and more forgiving – exactly what all of us avid golfers are looking for off the tee.”
For Cleveland Golf, Launcher has always stood for one thing: launching the ball high in the air and straight down the fairway. The new Launcher HB Turbo remains committed to that mission with a lighter hosel, improved crown and deeper weighting. Only now, it’s faster.
“The Launcher HB Turbo is engineered to help you hit long, straight drives,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development at Cleveland Golf. “We’ve squeezed discretionary weight out of every corner of the club head in order to produce one of the most forgiving drivers we’ve ever made. We’ve paired it with a high-balance point shaft that’s easier to swing fast. Authentic technologies such as the Turbocharged Cup Face, the Ultralight Hosel and a more aerodynamic crown help the Launcher HB Turbo earn its name.”
The Launcher HB Turbo features a Turbocharged Cup Face, which offers a unique variable thickness pattern that delivers more speed across the entire face. The Turbocharged Cup Face stretches along the crown and sole, flexing at impact and reflecting that energy back into the ball for increased ball speeds at impact.
The redesigned HiBore Crown features a prominent step that lowers the centre of gravity, while the Ultralight Hosel is even lighter to remove mass from a poor position. All of these weight savings culminate in the Deep Weighting sole pad. The result: a centre of gravity that’s 4.4mm deeper and 2.2 mm lower, increasing launch at impact and maximizing distance off the tee.
Launcher HB Turbo comes standard with the new Miyazaki C. Kua shaft, which pulls weight from the length of the shaft and repositions it on the grip end. This makes the shaft feel incredibly easy to swing and allows for extra mass in the club head for increased momentum and more speed on every swing.
The same speed-enhancing technologies that define the Launcher HB Turbo Driver are featured within the Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Woods, delivering more speed and distance off the tee or when going for the green in two.
KEY INNOVATIONS INSIDE LAUNCHER HB TURBO
- Turbocharged Cup Face: The new Turbocharged Cup Face, enhanced with a new variable face design, provides higher COR over a larger impact area for increased ball speeds and more distance.
- HiBore Crown: The redesigned HiBore Crown lowers the centre-of-gravity (CG) by 2.2mm, enabling a lower CG position for optimal launch conditions.
- Deep Weighting: Discretionary mass savings positioned for significant increases to MOI, delivering more forgiveness.
- Ultralight Hosel: External and internal weight reduction, redistributed low and deep for a higher launch and more forgiveness.
- Counter Balanced Shaft Design: Specifically designed for the Launcher HB Turbo, the Miyazaki C. Kua’s centre-of-gravity is relocated higher towards the grip, enabling additional head mass for increased MOI.
The Launcher HB Turbo Driver is available in two different models: Standard (9°, 10.5°, 12° options) and DRAW (10.5°) at a price of 349€.
The Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Woods feature a 3-wood (15°) and 5-wood (18°) at 229€ each.