Callaway Golf – Rogue ST driver powers Max Kieffer to maiden DP World Tour victory
August 22, 2022 – Callaway Staffers Max Kieffer and Gavin Green, both using Rogue ST Drivers, went head-to-head on the final day of the D+D Real Czech Masters 2022, with the German claiming a dramatic debut victory by a single shot.
The 32-year-old edged out Gavin, the overnight leader, with a stunning display of shot-making in a final round that included seven birdies – the last one on the 17th hole after a spectacular long-iron approach using a Callaway Apex TCB ’21 Iron.
At a rain-shortened tournament at Albatross Golf Resort near Prague, the victorious German, a TravisMathew apparel ambassador, carded rounds of 68, 66 and 66 for a 16-under par winning total, earning himself a cool €297,500.
After lifting his first DP World Tour trophy, a jubilant Max Kieffer, said: “It’s tough to put into words what this means to me right now. It’s great, and I’m just going to enjoy it. I felt confident all day, I had a great warm up before the final round and I was ready to attack today.”
Max’s winning Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS Driver is a low spin option for better players and is the latest evolution of Callaway’s Tour-proven Triple Diamond heads. It’s the lowest spinning Rogue ST Driver model, with a neutral-to-fade bias in a compact 450cc head. He also holed his winning putt using an Odyssey White Hot OG 2-Ball Putter – Odyssey remains the #1 Putter Brand in Golf.
Runner up Gavin Green’s bag also included two Rogue ST LS Fairway Woods that feature a deeper face with a compact footprint especially suited for better players.
The player from Malaysia also used a quartet of the new JAWS Raw Wedges featuring the most aggressive grooves in golf, with a raw face that promotes maximum spin, plus an Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven Putter and a Chrome Soft X LS Golf Ball featuring new, proprietary Precision Technology.
Neil Howie, President and Managing Director of Callaway EMEA, commented: “Our Staff Professionals are in the thick of the action and fighting for victories every week on the DP World Tour, and that’s a strong endorsement of our team’s talent, and the equipment they choose to use. Congratulations to Max, he has deserved a win for some time, and this one was long overdue.”
Por Miguel Angel Buil
What’s in the bag of Max Kieffer?
- Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond (9º, Draw, Aldila 60 3.5 Tour X)
- Fairway woods: Callaway MAVRIK Sub Zero 3 (15º, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Prototype 76 6.5)
- Hybrid: Titleist 913H (19º@18,25º, D1, Mitsubishi Fubuki AX Hybrid 500 X)
- Irons: Callaway Apex TCB 2021 (4-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100)
- Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM9 (50º/08ºF, 56º/10ºS, 60º/08ºM, Tru Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100)
- Grips: Golf Pride MCC
- Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 2-Ball
- Golf ball: Titleist Pro V1
What’s in the bag of Gavin Green?
- Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS (8,5º, Fujikura Ventus 6-TX)
- Fairway woods: Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 y 5 (15º y 18º)
- Irons: Callaway Apex MB (3-9)
- Wedges: Callaway JAWS Raw (46º, 50º, 56º, 60º)
- Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven
- Golf ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X LS 2022