ECCO Golf – Revamps award-winning, best-selling BIOM Hybrid 3 silhouette for 2019
February 27, 2019 – Flagbearers of golf hybrid footwear, ECCO Golf, have unveiled several exciting additions to their iconic ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 family, with the GORE-TEX waterproof design now available in a range of eye-catching Spring/Summer 2019 colour combinations that feature the refined derby cut lacing.
Featuring the groundbreaking TRI-FI-GRIP outsole, the shoe is the latest evolution of the brand’s multi-award-winning and best-selling ECCO BIOM Hybrid franchise. TRI-FI-GRIP ensures multi-purpose zonal performance through three segments; one for stability, another for durability and a third for rotational support.
The zonal structure is a product of intensive research and data analysis in the ECCO GOLF Lab. Each is formed from ultra-durable TPU, meaning the shoes can be worn on and off course without affecting performance.
TRI-FI-GRIP Zonal Performance:
- Zone 1 centres on delivering outstanding lateral stability throughout the swing
- Zone 2 forms the middle of the outsole and is designed to guarantee walking comfort through the round and beyond. It also features a durability region in the heel where shoes can be prone to wearing
- Zone 3 is a specially engineered rotational section designed to optimise the movement in the forefoot through slim, rounded lugs which promote fast and easy rotation through the swing
Lead Designer Andrzej Bikowski looked for new ways to adapt the stand-out shoe to provide a fresh and eye-catching visual.
“Building on the success of the hugely popular ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 model we wanted to evolve the story by subtly adapting the appearance of the shoe and introducing some contemporary new designs.
“The addition of these new styles will help to provide depth to the range and we envisage continued success for this outstanding shoe in 2019,” says Andrzej Bikowski.
Additional features of ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 include:
- An ECCO Racer Yak leather upper with supreme breathability and durability
- 100% GORE-TEX waterproof protection
- The option of a BOA closure system for optimum fit
- ECCO Freedom Fit mixing a snug heel setting with a roomier forefoot area that allows toes to move naturally
- BIOM NATURAL MOTION technology brings the player closer to the ground while offering an anatomical last shape with superb cushioning and advanced support
- Removable Ortholite inlay soles, offering long-term cushioning, enhanced breathability, moisture management and the option of extra width
As is the case with all of the golf shoes in ECCO Golf’s Spring/Summer 2019 Collection, ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 is crafted at company-owned factories that utilise FLUIDFORM technology to bond the upper and outsole unit, creating a durable, supple and integral bond between the sole and its leather upper without the use of glue or stitching. Benefits include flexibility, durability and a lightweight construction.
RRP: ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3, €199; ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 BOA, €229.Por REDACCIÓN