Costa Brava – Golfers can now build their own best-value golf breaks with Golf Voyager
October 27, 2016 – The Costa Brava Girona Tourist Board has teamed up with Golf Voyager, the industry’s only real-time booking engine that combines live golf, hotel, car hire and transfer availability, to enable golfers to customise and book best value packages to this north-eastern part of Spain.
Powered by Booking.com, leaders in online hotel bookings, Golf Voyager’s software enables customers to build bespoke packages thanks to its smart and dynamic platform, which links into 600,000+ hotels worldwide and over 24,000 courses in 192 countries.
Conor Galvin, CEO of Golf Voyager, said: “Golf courses in Spain, Portugal and Ireland are already engaging with the platform, as it enables customers to create breaks based on clusters of multi-course packages and taking advantage of group savings and built-in partner hotel discounts.
“Our ‘Best Price Guarantee’ is possible thanks to ‘behind the scenes’ partnerships between hotels and neighbouring golf courses, which help create multi-round offers that meet golfers’ particular budgets, ensuring customers are presented with the best value offer possible.”
Ramon Ramos, Director of the Costa Brava Girona Tourist Board, added: “Although the Costa Brava is already a popular destination for golfers from across the world as a capital of golf and gastronomy, Golf Voyager’s intelligent and cutting edge system will not only help streamline the booking process of a golf break, it will also enable us to market our collective product in a far smarter way.”
Golfers thinking of visiting the Costa Brava region have a selection of courses to choose from, which include:
- PGA Catalunya Resort, home to Spain’s No.1 golf course and the country’s Best Golf Resort 2015.
- British-designed Golf de Pals, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year
- Hotel Peralada Wine Spa & Golf, the region’s northern-most course designed according to environmentally-friendly specifications
- Club Golf d’Aro Mas Nou, which offers spectacular vistas from its 300m above sea-level perch
- Empordà Golf Resort, a 36-hole golf and hotel complex with its European Top 100 ranked Links Course
- One of the region’s oldest courses, Club de Golf Costa Brava, that offers a good test for all standards of player
- Torremirona Golf Club that enjoys wonderful views of the Pyrenees
- Par 3 Gualta – perfect for those looking to perfect their short game or for a quick and pleasant round
With the newly opened high-speed train (AVE) line, Girona is just 38 minutes from Barcelona and easily accessible thanks to Girona-Costa Brava Airport, an important Ryanair and Jet2.com hub.
More information at www.costabrava.org.Por REDACCIÓN